Saturday, September 28, 2013

Silver Linings

Dunno how this post will turn out, but I have some inspiration, so that would be the right time to do this.... Got to move on to the next phase, as I've posted quite recently, which means quite literally that I have to move somewhere else, somewhere new. Moving is no picnic, but since starting the work, packing, hauling, and unloading a portion of all that STUFF, I started to see -- again, NOT for the first time -- that we all have to work certain tasks until they're truly complete, until the lessons are truly learned. So...., somehow, I'm looking forward to this move, seeing the possibilities of satisfaction at finally taking care of this unfinished business I've got. There are various kinds of unfinished business on my mind which I'm discussing here, so this is a bit of the theme of this post: silver linings via moving on in ways unplanned but necessary and healthy. 

In the summer, family gathered here where I've been living, and for me, an idea came about that we might ALL be able to live here, which is still an enticing idea, it's an awesome location, and these are great people (I acknowledge my obvious bias). But one factor, if not a lynchpin idea, was that I'd still be living right here. Well, now: no. I'm a bit sad about that because it's a very sweet idea, seriously. So at this point I've come around to the view that even though I'm not going to be here, one can't really predict anything, so I think my sadness isn't going to seep down too deep, I think a very much better day is on its way, in fact I'm convinced of it. Why? Because for a fairly good while now, even though things have involved a fair amount of struggle for me, I really do detect a guiding hand of a spiritual nature, something ineffable but great, and I believe I'm learning how NOT to resist it merely since it's not MY plan. 

One other thing: I now see more and more clearly that, we people misunderstand each other a LOT, and of course we suffer as a result. Sometimes great psychic suffering. I like Gibran's answer that (my paraphrase) suffering and tears are for hollowing out the soul for joy, that's what this all feels like. And I know that because my experiences where "stuff like that" happens are starting to accumulate, there's a kind of hopeful, déja vu effect. It's kind of like when reading and you feel a tug to go look up a word, but you read on and glean the meaning from context, except this is at the level of significant life experience, you know, as it's actually happening. Now that's pretty new, for ME, anyway, and I think it's very good!  I think my friend John C says "namaste" at such times. Hey, cheers, folks!!!!

No comments: