Friday, July 19, 2013

Well, the beloved family has now dispersed back to Southern Wilds, namely Memphis town, leaving this Granpa with the Granma, although we's no longer married. She's in the other part of the house, HER house, I'm in the apartment. Tryin' to generally get it together to find work, delighted to have had time this week with the unbelievably adorable grand-baby, Lucy, her magnificent Mum (my Corinna), and the great Andy, son-in-law and sage of things do-able, the Papa. Grandma V's a peach, endlessly fascinating, I'm very glad we're friends.

Now I've prepared the playlist for my blues broadcast tomorrow [The Likwidal Edition of The (Saturday) Evenin' Sun blues broadcast], time to settle into winding down for the evening.

Having family here was great. Some downright Spiritual moments, especially when with Lucy, the Princess of Perfection. No doubts whatever as to my role as Granpa, just do everything possible to love her. As with daughter Corinna, always. The little girl likes my SONG! -- NOthing could be groovier!

Also thinking about my musical gig in a month, at Andy's Old Port Pub in Portland, 8-19-13. Looking greatly forward to playing, performing. Rehearsing, too. With two buds, Erlon & Alec: separate sets. Want to add CPR's "Little Blind Fish" and maybe a couple of my favorite Jackson Browne tunes (Song For Adam, and Something Fine) to my set with Erl. Hard songs in Alec's set: "Autumn Leaves" (Clapton's version), and we should get "Girl From Ipanema" done in time for the 19th. Great tunes, though. Liking that I'm getting some of the harder but greatly desired tunes under my belt, and that such things are getting easier. (Keys instructor) Warren is a blessing, so easy to learn from, such an inspiring musician AND person!!!!

Final reflection for the day: only taint on the week was some turbulence in the family, and I don't like that there's not much I can do about it. Two parties are currently incompatico, and not sayin' -- either one -- that they're ready to work on it or compromise. They're both like inadvertent airline pilots who need talkin' down, and they're in separate planes, wanting the same runway at the same moment. I don't know how to engineer their willingness to accept the control tower's directions. No one does, I don't think. So it's wait and see.